.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

"You Can't Fight Evil With A Macaroni Duck!"

General musings and observations of the world. Commentaries and thoughts on various subjects. Links to interesting sites and programs. Site's name comes from the TV cartoon "The Tick". [Scott aka Alefifer]

My Photo
Name:
Location: somewhere on the eastern shore, Maryland, United States

Originally from Rhode Island and now living in Maryland. Happily married to my best friend and have two wonderful daughters. I have a sense of humor that sometimes takes over when I should be restraining it.

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Christmas Orverm

Okay... I've gone through much self-inflicted anguish trying to decide whether or not to post this song on my site. Particularly with Christmas just around the corner, don't want to offend anybody and find angry mobs with torches looking for me in the dead of night. Okay...well it won't be that bad.

This started a few days ago, when I was doing some dishes in the morning before I'd had any coffee. My brain wasn't fully engaged and some neuron was bouncing off the insides of my head from thought to thought, like some staggering drunkard trying desperately to remain vertical on his/her walk home by using the sides of buildings and walls. Anyways...my brain, being as it is, decided to plug an annoying song in there to entertain me before I had my coffee. Only this time it made one up on an old theme.

So....I'm sort of patient zero for this very contagious song. It is my duty to spread this. Sing it once aloud to yourself if you dare. Sing it to someone else if you're feeling sinister.

There was a God
Who had a son...
And Jesus was His Name-oh!
J E S U S ...
....
...and Jesus was his Name-oh.


Okay...
I never said it was a good song.
I've got it out of my system.
I feel better now.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sonja Andrews said...

We were at a meeting with our church team that puts together the worship service each week and he read this out loud to everyone. We all howled with laughter.

But it's his fault he woke up with it in his head this morning. hahahahahaha

12/21/2005 7:55 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

Yes it's definitely a contagious song. Soon the entire world will be singing this odd ditty. (Never thought I'd be out there spreading the word of Jesus. scary.) Of course once you have this song stuck in your head for a few hours and start spreading it around....the world starts to seem like one of those Living Dead movies, with the shambling ghoulzombiethingies reaching out for those "untouched" by the song. ...except instead of a raspy drooling "Brains!!" they'll be shouting "Name-oh!"

lol

12/21/2005 8:33 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

I just realized that this song was mentioned while you were trying to put together your next worship service.

whooooa! I feel, eh, exhaulted. Didn't think it had hymn-like qualities. I'm honored.

Maybe I should work on some other ones.

Hmmmm....

Maybe I could work one out telling the story of Noah and the flood as sung by the itsy-bitsy spider. Nyah..

12/21/2005 11:26 AM  
Blogger Sonja Andrews said...

Yeah ... well ... you should come to our church sometime. You might feel fairly comfortable.

At our "Christmas" service we played Kanye West, the Messiah chorus by the London Philharmonic, the Chieftains AND Ross played his snare drum ... so anything goes with this group.

But we still thought your orverm was pretty dang funny!!!

12/21/2005 12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home