.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

"You Can't Fight Evil With A Macaroni Duck!"

General musings and observations of the world. Commentaries and thoughts on various subjects. Links to interesting sites and programs. Site's name comes from the TV cartoon "The Tick". [Scott aka Alefifer]

My Photo
Name:
Location: somewhere on the eastern shore, Maryland, United States

Originally from Rhode Island and now living in Maryland. Happily married to my best friend and have two wonderful daughters. I have a sense of humor that sometimes takes over when I should be restraining it.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Silent Hill - More information on the film.

Apparently the screenwriter for the upcoming Silent Hill film got some inspiration for the setting of the film from a real life town. Well actually, "real life town" isn't the best choice of words.

It seems the town of Centralia, Pennsylvania had an underground coal fire that started back in 1961 or so. Funny thing about underground coal fires...they burn a looong time.

Anyways...you can check out the link below to find out more about it and see some photos of Centralia. The fires are still going, from what I can tell. Creepy.

If you lived here you'd be home by now!

Although Pyramid Head might live next door.

and yes I am indeed going through the rest of this week in a countdown till the movie opens...with my mind chanting the fabled horror movie mantra of "ohpleasedontsuckohpleasedontsuck!"
(the only times I'd ever chant this! lol)

1 Comments:

Blogger Villa said...

hi from portugal
your blog is great
keep posting
please visit my blog going by my profile
thanks,villa

4/18/2006 3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home