.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

"You Can't Fight Evil With A Macaroni Duck!"

General musings and observations of the world. Commentaries and thoughts on various subjects. Links to interesting sites and programs. Site's name comes from the TV cartoon "The Tick". [Scott aka Alefifer]

My Photo
Name:
Location: somewhere on the eastern shore, Maryland, United States

Originally from Rhode Island and now living in Maryland. Happily married to my best friend and have two wonderful daughters. I have a sense of humor that sometimes takes over when I should be restraining it.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

No more fresh veggies till next year



I picked up my last bunch of fresh vegetables from the CSA farm that I belong to yesterday. I *was* thinking of bicycling there to make the final pickup, since I live fairly close to where I pick them up, but it was pouring rain and I never have devised a good method of securing my big box of veggies on my mountain bike.

Yesterday's haul included lettuces, spinach, carrots, radishes, turnips, peppers, potatoes, bok choi, fresh herbs, freshly cut wildflowers and some other greens I can't think of. It's been 22 weeks of great food. I can hardly wait for next year. And next year I'm planning on working on the farm for all or part of my share if possible.

I'm putting up a link in my side bar here for Local Harvest, which is a good site for locating farms that have Community Supported Agriculture plans. You can click here if you want to go look for one near you now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home