.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

"You Can't Fight Evil With A Macaroni Duck!"

General musings and observations of the world. Commentaries and thoughts on various subjects. Links to interesting sites and programs. Site's name comes from the TV cartoon "The Tick". [Scott aka Alefifer]

My Photo
Name:
Location: somewhere on the eastern shore, Maryland, United States

Originally from Rhode Island and now living in Maryland. Happily married to my best friend and have two wonderful daughters. I have a sense of humor that sometimes takes over when I should be restraining it.

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Blogger and Google

Well I finally got around today to reading all the FAQs at Google and Blogger about the new Blogger Beta and how that will affect my website here.

I don't care for it at all.

I understand that all Blogger accounts will be forced to switch over to become Google Account Blogger blogs ultimately. I'm not sure I will like this transition or the new format.

Don't know how bad this will be but if I don't like it, I'll delete all my Blogger sites and go somwhere else. Too bad there's nothing out there even remotely close to Blogger for me to migrate to. Oh well. No biggie.

I think Google should have left Blogger alone.

5 Comments:

Blogger ddjango said...

You're right, oh mad one.

But you don't know the half of it . . .

Read my post at http://ddjango.blogspot.com/2006/11/maybe-back-up.html

11/17/2006 6:26 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

Now I'm Really Paranoid! Sorry To Hear Of Your Site's Problems.

11/18/2006 8:52 PM  
Blogger Salar37_Shushan said...

About everyone on blogger who has switched has had a few 'odd' days since going to the beta..and about half of those who didn't switch!

Still, the worst problems seem to be reserved for those who had heavily modifed/improved their sites.

Just going by the what I've seen, Scott, I suspect your site wouldn't suffer too much in the new system.


ddjango, sounds like you've had an absolutely miserable time with new set-up. You have my condolences too, for whatever thats worth. I agree with the guy who recommended a wordpress-based replacement. I've seen a lot a pro-sites do well with it...and you sure look like you are ready to rumble with the big boys.

Susan

12/06/2006 1:30 AM  
Blogger Kilgore Trout said...

My sites pretty simple so maybe ill be alright but Im not switching anything till it gets outta beta.

There is something scary when I open Firefow and google comes up, then I check my blogger site which is now owned by google, then I check myspace account also google, then I watch a video on you tube another google. Its very frigtening but at the same time it hard to be upset as I just mentioned two personal websites and video server and all of it is free. then I opened up my gmail on thunderbird and all was well again....
makes me wish I had money for stocks about 8 years ago.

12/08/2006 2:30 PM  
Blogger Kilgore Trout said...

that shoulda said firefox not fow, the mozilla stuff, as you can tell my budget limits me to things that are free.

12/08/2006 2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home