.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

"You Can't Fight Evil With A Macaroni Duck!"

General musings and observations of the world. Commentaries and thoughts on various subjects. Links to interesting sites and programs. Site's name comes from the TV cartoon "The Tick". [Scott aka Alefifer]

My Photo
Name:
Location: somewhere on the eastern shore, Maryland, United States

Originally from Rhode Island and now living in Maryland. Happily married to my best friend and have two wonderful daughters. I have a sense of humor that sometimes takes over when I should be restraining it.

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Empty? No, Don't Say Empty!

Last night a rapidly moving thunderstorm came through my area. My attempt to get offline and log off my computer however where not quick enough. The power went out right after I had just closed my browser and was about to go offline. The result was when the storm had passed and I fired up the computer to go back online I discovered that ... my Firefox browswer's bookmarks are empty. Every bookmark and bookmark folder I had is gone. I had thousands. All my browswer's customizations also gone.

All is not lost though. My history is still intact, so I can revisit many sites and start rebuilding my bookmarks. I also had exported my bookmarks to a text file a while ago, unfortunately it was a long time ago...march of 2005. But it's a start.

From now on I'll always periodically save my bookmarks somewhere.

Looks like a good time perhaps to finally upgrade my Firefox to the most recent version.

Empty! This is not fun.

2 Comments:

Blogger Annamarie said...

Hi Scott,

This has nothing to do with your post, but I have no email address for you, so am putting the info in a comment here.

I have just received some important info from the anti-war group UFPJ which you may want to post about on your site. If you wish, you could use my entire post:

http://verbena-19.blogspot.com/2006/06/ufpj-wednesday-call-for-congressional.html

It is quite urgent to get the word out, as it is for this Wednesday. It's a national call-in day, for Americans to call their members of Congress, to ask for a Congressional debate on Iraq. You will find all the details on my site.

Perhaps you could send me a quick email to the address which you can find on my site, and give me an email address where I can forward you information about important news/events concerning Americans, that you may wish to post on your site. This would ensure that info gets out asap.

Let me know.

Keep up the good work!

best regards,
annamarie

6/05/2006 9:39 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

>yawn<

Good morning Annamarie.
Thanks for the note on the call-in. I will check out the link and make a post. Sorry I hadn't noticed it before; been away from the blogs and news for a few days.

I don't think it will help much though. The congressmen and senators haven't shown any initiative to courage, honesty, or duty since 9/11; simply self-preservation and going with the president on everything. Debate on war should've been before the war. Of course I guess it couldn't hurt to try.


As to my email, it should be at the bottom of my page, if it isn't there when you view my page let me know.

I feel like such a tool.

:-)

6/06/2006 6:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home